Questions? (614) 362-5062
COLUMBUS’S PREMIER GEOTHERMAL SOURCE
Trust Advance to help you plan for, install and maintain your geothermal heating and cooling system.
FEATURES VARY BY MODEL:
- Delivers up to four to ﬁve times more energy than it consumes
- Uses R-410A, a non-ozone depleting refrigerant
- Reduces indoor air pollutants and provides outstanding humidity control
- Helps control humidity during short run conditions
- No open ﬂame, fuel storage tanks or ﬂammable fuel and no outside venting
GETTING TO KNOW GEOTHERMAL
During the heating season, a geothermal system uses underground pipes (loop) to extract heat from the ground. As the system pulls heat from the loop it distributes warm air throughout the home using a conventional duct system. The same process can also be used for a radiant floor system or domestic hot water heating.
In the cooling mode, the heating process is reversed – creating cool, conditioned air throughout the home. Instead of extracting heat from the ground, heat is extracted from the air inside of your home and either moved back into the earth via the loop, or used to preheat the water in your hot water tank.
Through December 31, 2016 homeowners who install an ENERGY STAR certified geothermal heat pump are eligible for a 30% federal tax credit. And rebates up to $1,200 are available to AEP customers on select ENERGY STAR geothermal equipment.